An evening at Mitai Māori Village will give you an authentic introduction to Māori Culture leaving you amazed and in awe. We invite you to come and share in the culture of our people and discover who we are as Māori, the indigenous people of Aotearoa, New Zealand
WAI, KAI & RELAX COMBO PACKAGE
- Adult Ages 16+
- Ages 5-15 Ages 5-15
- Toddlers Ages 2-5
- Infants Under 2 Years Old
Our Combo Package
Immerse yourself in the captivating world of Mitai Māori Village and savour a mouthwatering Hangi Buffet Dinner. Then, unwind at Polynesian Spa’s Deluxe Lake Spa, surrounded by nature’s beauty. A perfect blend of culture and relaxation!
You have the flexibility to either combine the experience on the same day or select a day that better fits your schedule.
Mitai Māori Village
Enter the world of Mitai, and learn about the history of this area which was once flourished in villages.
Cultural Performance & Experience!
Stories unfold through the dynamic scenes of warriors paddling the war canoe down Wai-o-Whiro stream. The melodious sounds of instruments and entertainment are highlighted through the performing arts.
Traditional Māori Hangi Buffet Dinner
View the uplifting of the hangi meal and enjoy a commentary on how this is prepared, cooked and the contents of the traditional hangi feast.
Dine on the succulent hangi served from a buffet alongside other dishes and desserts.
Join your host with an evening walk through the forest visiting the old village site and discovering the sacred natural spring Te Puna Tapu a Tuhoe. End the evening in awe of the glow worms lighting the banks of the forest.
Deluxe Lake Spa:
Take a relaxing soak in our absolute lakeside location on the shores of Lake Rotorua. You will be treated to gorgeous views as you unwind and slip into therapeutic geothermal rock pools surrounded by nature.
Alternate between the four Rachel spring alkaline mineral hot pools that nourish the skin, and the Priest Spring acidic mineral pool known to help relieve muscle aches and pains. Try the cold plunge pool for hydrotherapy to detoxify and refresh.
Take a moment to relax on the geothermally heated recliners or in the large indoor relaxation lounge, and when you’re done you will have full access to changing facilities with all amenities provided, including a locker, towels, toiletries and hairdryers. Swimsuit hire is available.
- Free parking available
- Dress for the weather eg. warm clothing in winter, hat in summer, jacket when raining etc
- Comfortable shoes for the bush walk
- Umbrellas provided based on first term basis
- Some limitations for wheelchair accessibility during walk through the forest
- Baby highchairs available – limited number so book in advance
- Bar facilities available on site, no alcoholic beverages to be brought onto or taken from the premises
- Free parking available
- Cafe and Spa Essentials Shop
- Adult swimsuits and swimming shorts and towels can be hired for $8.95 or purchased at the Spa Essentials Shop
- Beer and wine served on site, none to be brought into the pool area
- No time limit to bathing
- For more information visit https://www.polynesianspa.co.nz/