Mitai Māori Cultural Experience & Dinner Buffet
– Dress for the weather eg. warm clothing in winter, hat in summer, jacket when raining etc.
– Comfortable shoes for the bush walk
– Umbrellas provided based on first term basis
– Some limitations for wheelchair accessibility during walk through the forest
– Baby highchairs available – limited number so book in advance
– Bar facilities available on site, no alcoholic beverages to be brought onto or taken from the premises
- Adult Ages 16+
- Child Ages 5-9
- Infant Ages 4 and under
We bring the ultimate New Zealand Māori culture experience!
Enter the world of Mitai, and learn about the history of this area which was once flourished in villages.
Experience Enchanting Māori Cultural Performances!
The story of the migration of Tamatekapua of the Te Arawa canoe to Aotearoa and the Māori Pacifica connection told in performing arts! Come and join us in this Māori fusion extravaganza, including a feast for the ravenous!
Enjoy the delicious Hangi food of Rotorua at our buffet!
Our hāngī earth oven kai (food) includes meat, chicken, kumara and much more.
The hāngī is cooked in an earth-oven, a hole 1-2m into the ground, the baskets of kai are placed on hot stones at the bottom of a hāngī pit. The kai is then covered to trap the heat, the steam and heat from heated hāngī stones infuses the kai with delicious earthy flavors while it cooks for 3-4 hours. Come and try out the delicious tempting food.
Note: We specialize in serving “hangi”. Our menu does cater for some dietary needs such as vegetarian, gluten free and we have some vegan options available – all our meats are halal.
Your Māori experience in Rotorua includes:
– Welcoming ceremony
– View the unveiling of traditional hangi meal
– Witness warriors paddling Māori canoes down Wai-o-Whiro stream
– Cultural Performance
– Full buffet hangi dinner
– Questions & answers session
– Walk through nature to see ancient fortified village, learning about the old ways of living and the survival of our people
– See the natural resource of spring Te Puna Tapu o Tuhoe and;
– Watch the forest light up as the glow worms appear in the night
Complimentary Transfers (limited numbers)
– Available to and from our registered accommodation
– Bookings are required via our online booking form or
– Contact us at [email protected] or +64 7 343 9132
Note: Once we reach full capacity the transfer option will be closed (we do not hold inventory)